Whoever has two shirts should share with the person who doesn’t have any. Whoever has food should share it too.
There are people in our community who need food. Our Food Pantry needs to be well-stocked so that we can help others. The following are items we try to keep in stock. If you can bring any of the following to the church office, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Cans of baked beans
- Cans of white tuna fish, chicken or other canned meat
- Boxes of Tuna Helper
- Peanut butter
- Jars of Fluff
- Jars of Jam or Jelly
- Boxes of macaroni and cheese
- boxes of saltine crackers
- Cans of soup and stew (not cream of mushroom, etc.)
- Ramen noodles
- Boxes of (dry) macaroni and spaghetti
- Spaghetti sauce
- Spaghettios, Beefaroni, etc.
- Evaporated milk
- Boxes of dry cereal
- Pancake syrup
- Pancake mix
- Cans of peaches, pears, mixed fruit, apple sauce
- Instant potatoes
- Muffin mix (just add water kind)
This is not a complete list. If you can think of other things that are non-perishable and are easy to prepare, please bring those as well.
Postal Workers Food Drive
Each summer our church also helps with the annual National Postal Workers' "Stamp Out Hunger" food drive by driving behind the postal works on their route and carrying the food that is donated by individuals in the community. If this is something you would like to help with, please contact the church office. For more information on this national food drive program, see https://www.nalc.org/community-service/food-drive